Thursday 28 July 2016

Slow down.................

I had a friend stop by this afternoon, she brought me some fresh zucchini, (sweet) and we got to talking about our families and how quickly everything seems to be going by.  She said that over this last year her perspective had changed, and that she realized she was missing out.  Missing out on all the precious moments with her kids that she would never get back because other things were more "important". She said they had started doing more things together, and had begun building memories together.  I realized that I want to live life on purpose, in everything I do.  Not allow my decisions to be made by default.  To make conscience decisions and follow through.  To take the time to stop and talk to the friend we haven't seen in awhile, to play with the kids even though there are dishes to do, to slow down and smell the flowers, cuz they are only here for awhile.

( If you made it through all my ramblings,  congratulations!)

  

No comments:

Post a Comment